Brad A. Brelinski
Phone: (517) 787-9481
Fax: (517) 787-5622
Legal Assistant: LuAnn Tokarski
Brad A. Brelinski is a partner and attorney with Curtis, Curtis and Brelinski, P.C. He joined the Jackson law firm in January 2008; was elected a partner in 2010; and became a named partner in 2015. Prior to joining the firm, he practiced with a litigation, bankruptcy, and creditors’ rights firm in metro Detroit, before returning to practice law in Jackson.
Brad regularly appears in all Jackson County courts, including District, Circuit, Business, Family, and Probate Courts. The firm's downtown Jackson office is conveniently located within a few blocks of the Jackson County Courthouse. Brad also has experience in surrounding mid-Michigan counties, including Hillsdale, Washtenaw, Calhoun, Ingham, Eaton and Livingston.
Brad is a leader in alternative dispute resolution. For many years, he has been an approved case evaluator in Jackson County. In 2021, he completed the SCAO-approved 40-hour civil mediation training program, and regularly conducts mediations in Jackson County.
Brad received his JD from Wayne State University Law School in 2005, where he served as a member and mentor in the Mock Trial Program (formerly the Student Trial Advocacy Program); as a student lawyer and board member (treasurer) of the Free Legal Aid Clinic, Inc.; and as a board member of the Sailing Club. Brad earned his undergraduate degree, cum laude, in 2002 from Western Michigan University, where he studied at the Haworth College of Business, majoring in finance. A native of the Jackson area, Brad studied aviation at Jackson College while still in high school, soloed his first flight at age 17, and obtained his private pilot's license at age 18.
In 2022, Brad was elected by his colleagues to the State Bar of Michigan Representative Assembly as one of two members representing the 4th Circuit, Jackson County.
Additionally, in Jackson County, Brad serves on the board of the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, and is a long-time member of the Jackson Area Estate Planning Council, currently serving as secretary and formerly as president. Brad also serves as a director of the Michigan Advocacy Program (MAP) as an appointee of the Jackson County Bar Association, and sits on the Legal Services of South Central Michigan's Jackson Advisory Board.
Brad is a member and former president of the Jackson County Bar Association; a member and former director of the Exchange Club of Jackson; and serves his alma mater as an Alumni Admissions Ambassador at WMU. He formerly served as a long-time director of the Cascades Humane Society (including a two-year term as board president) and the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, where he also served as a committee member of the Jackson Economic Club.
Brad and his wife, a fellow Wayne Law graduate and attorney, have two growing children at home as well as their first fur-child, a pit bull they rescued from Cascades Humane Society. In their limited free time, they enjoy traveling and spending time in northern Michigan.
- Wayne State University Law School
Juris Doctor, April 2005
- Western Michigan University, Cum Laude
Bachelor of Business Administration, April 2002
- All Michigan State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Federal Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Federal Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan - Sections: Business Law, Probate & Estate Planning, Real Property Law
- Jackson County Bar Association - Member (2008-present) and President (2010-2011)
- Jackson Area Estate Planning Council - Member (2008-present), Past President, Secretary (current)
- State Bar of Michigan Representative Assembly - 4th Judicial Circuit (2022-present)
- Jackson County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority - Board of Directors (2014-present)
- Michigan Advocacy Program (MAP) - Board of Directors (2016-present)
- LSSCM - Jackson Advisory Board (2016-present)
- Enterprise Group of Jackson - Leadership Advisory Council (2016-2020)
- Jackson Area Estate Planning Council - Secretary and Past President
- Jackson Magazine - Editorial Board (2017-present)
- Jackson Economic Club - Committee Member (2008-2016)
- Jackson County Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors (2009-2015)
- Cascades Humane Society - Board of Directors (2008-2014; President 2011-2012)
- Exchange Club of Jackson - Member (2008-present) and Board of Directors (Former)
- Western Michigan University Alumni Admissions Ambassador (2008-present)