Jackson Litigation Attorneys Serving Mid-Michigan
In an increasingly litigious society, lawsuits are inevitable. While our litigation lawyers work hard to resolve issues before formal legal proceedings begin, which saves clients time and money, some disputes simply cannot be settled short of the courthouse.
The civil litigation lawyers of Curtis, Curtis & Brelinski, P.C. regularly appear in Jackson County District, Circuit and Probate Courts. Our downtown Jackson office is conveniently located within a few blocks of the Jackson County Courthouse. Our litigation attorneys also have experience in surrounding mid-Michigan counties, including Hillsdale, Washtenaw, Calhoun, Ingham, Eaton and Livingston. We also represent clients before various administrative agencies, and our lead litigation lawyer, Brad A. Brelinski, is admitted to practice in all federal district and bankruptcy courts in Michigan.
We recognize that litigation can be an expensive and time-consuming experience, which is why our attorneys explore cost-saving resolutions early in the matter, and not on the eve of trial. We meet with clients and carefully analyze their individual circumstances, design and implement dispute resolution and litigation plans, and when appropriate, act fast and aggressively to either prosecute or defend a legal claim.
If you believe you have a legal claim, or you are facing an uncertain situation, we highly encourage you to seek legal advice quickly. Don't wait — it probably will not go away on its own. Even worse, you could be limited by law on your time to act, especially if you have been served with legal papers. There are strict deadlines in the legal process, and courts can be unforgiving.
To set up an appointment to speak to one of our litigation lawyers, call (517) 787-9481, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online contact form. Based in Jackson, we help clients resolve legal issues throughout southern Michigan.
To help guide you, the following is a non-exhaustive list of disputes we may handle for clients. Don't see your legal issue listed, or not sure if we handle it? Contact us and our team can guide you. If we cannot help, we will try our best to put you in touch with someone who can.
Legal Areas of Focus
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collection
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Disputes
- Commercial Landlord-Tenant and Leasing Disputes
- Employment Litigation (See List Below)
- Shareholder and Member Oppression
- Business Torts
- Interference with a Contract or Business Expectancy
- Business Defamation
- Liquor Control Commission Violations
Probate and Trust Litigation
- Will Contests
- Trust Contests
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Breach (Misuse) of Durable Power of Attorney (Financial)
- Undue Influence
- Mental Incapacity
- Conversion (Stealing)
- Lease Disputes
- Quiet Title Actions
- Land Contract and Mortgage Forfeitures and Foreclosures
- Boundary and Easement Disputes
- Property and Lake Access Disputes
- Enforcement of Purchase Agreements
- Right of First Refusal Issues
- Construction Disputes
- Fraud/Misrepresentation in Real Property Transactions
- Nuisance Claims
- Trespass Against Property
- Breach of Contract
- Commercial (Business) Debt
- Student Loan Debt
- Consumer Debt
- Claim and Delivery Actions (Return of Property)
- Seller-Financed Sale of Business Defaults
- Non-Compete Agreements (Covenants Not to Compete)
- Confidential Information and Trade Secret Theft
- Employment Contracts
- Michigan Sales Representative Commission Act (Sales Commission Claims)
- Employment Discrimination
- Wrongful Termination